Menu
doddy1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can i add a 2nd sim to my oomph account?

hi is it possible to add a 2nd sim card to my oomph account?

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: can i add a 2nd sim to my oomph account?

if your account status allows then yes
0 Kudos
doddy1974
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I find this out?

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You would need to call them or chat to them - I tried to add a handset and it said to chat with them - otherwise it starts a new contract. When I got this package too i was told how many sims and handsets I could get on top of it - They might just add the second sim to the price - but the Oomph bundle has a £40 discount on it so not sure how it would work. 

0 Kudos
doddy1974
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can't add a second SIM to your cable bill. The Oomph bundles have one associated SIM only.

You could take out another SIM that would be billed separately, if your Mobile account allows for that (based on the result of your credit check)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fair doos. I just took out a handset with a 1GB sim but despite the guy trying to tell me I was going into an illegal 36 month airtime contract I know that's for the phone and the sim is 30 days - so will be getting cancelled and binned.

Here's the thing, can you cancel the sim within 14 days? they are separate after all right? :-D 

The website did say that as I was an oomph package customer I should live chat with them - and then live chat guy initially said they could add it to my cable bill - but after I posted that I found out he was wrong - so apologies for mis leading the OP

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you cancel your Oomph SIM then the cable services will be amended to put you onto the equivalent non-Oomph bundle - so that's generally losing the broadband speed increase, unlimited data offer on your SIMs if your broadband goes down, and the Oomph bundle customer services.

If you have another Pay Monthly SIM and / or handset, then that's a standalone deal and can be treated like any normal Virgin Mobile Freestyle or SIM Only contract.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is the sim that I have to have with the new handset - which I will be cancelling after the 30 days. Not anything to do with Oomph quite happy with that and want to use the sim in the new phone 

0 Kudos