cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call divert

CSP
Joining in

For the last 4 weeks my landline call divert has not been working correctly.

Call divert has been in place for the last 15 years to divert to a Virgin mobile. If unanswered the mobile voicemail kicks in.

2 weeks ago this stopped working, calls get diverted to mobile,  but if unable to answer the call says 'the other person has cleared' and unable to leave a message.

Have contacted both virgin mobile and virgin business but no one can suggest a solution to the problem, nor is willing to take ownership of it. I see from the forum board I am not alone in this problem. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CSP, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'll just need to pop you a PM to discuss things further with you just so we can get into specifics.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CSP, thanks a lot for your confirmation of details privately.

Having checked things over from what I can see, we've not intervened in anything related to Call Divert so this may be a fault with either the landline device or mobile phone itself here, so I would echo that this appears to be outside of our control.

Out of interest, does Call Divert work when you try doing this to another device/number?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It works fine on my husband’s mobile. And up to a couple of weeks ago was fine on mine so don’t think the handset is the problem. 

Hi @CSP, thanks a lot for your confirmation.

That does reinforce the fact that it is not our responsibility that the call feature isn't working for you, if it's working on another device. I just want to avoid any confusion though, and make sure that the Call Divert is actually something that we're providing you with or is it something that's a feature on your own landline device?

Call Divert is something that's a chargeable service through Virgin Media, which would be viewable on your bill each month.

Is this something that's ever been displayed on your bill? If not, it won't be something that we're providing you with and in fact will be a feature on your own landline handset which may be failing - if so, I apologise for previous agents' failure to not spot this. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for info. I’m slightly confused as to why it works fine when I divert it to another mobile - just not mine. 

Hi @CSP, thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes it does appear strange - unfortunately though, as it would appear this is due to the device in question we can't support further as things stand, but I will leave this thread open in case our VIP's can help with any advice to get this fixed.

I'd recommend checking forums which are relevant to your mobile handset, and landline handsets too in case they offer support for issues that you're experiencing - the general rule is no matter what the problem is, someone normally has had the same issue before you 🙂

Many thanks

Tom_W