cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking a number, incoming and outgoing

worthing88
Hanging out

Hi,

Is it possible for a number to be blocked at carrier level so i can neither receive or text / call? I know i can do it in device settings but then obviously i can unblock it too. What i would really like is the number absolutly blocked. Long story but i really just want to leave this person and their number in the past but temptation sometimes gets the better of me!

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not possible, I'm afraid. The only way it could happen would be for it to be removed completely and that then would include everybody not just you.

I suspect too it is against their telecoms licence 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not possible, I'm afraid. The only way it could happen would be for it to be removed completely and that then would include everybody not just you.

I suspect too it is against their telecoms licence 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

not what i was hoping for but thanks. Ok, another question. Is it possible to remove itemised billing from my account so if i delete and block the number i cannot then just go to my bill, look it up and add it again?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @worthing88 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised. 

Unfortunately, as @enlli has advised it's not possible for us to block a number from being dialled or texted I'm afraid.

As you've touched on, you can block numbers from the handset itself but this is something that you can quite easily unblock yourself as you've mentioned!

Sorry I can't be of any further assistance to you but at least provide you with a concrete answer.

Many thanks

Tom_W

thanks, how about removing my itemised billing or just removing the offending number from my itemised bill?

Hi @worthing88 thanks for your follow-up question.

I'm sorry we can't remove itemised billing or the specific number from the bill I'm afraid - I appreciate this is a disappointing response so apologies for any inconvenience this response will inevitably cause.

Many thanks

Tom_W

thanks but yes thats a shame as i thought that would be an easy option. Seems i only have 2 options, will power or what seems very drastic but close my virgin mobile account and go elsewhere 😐 that way i will never be able to add the number again!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ask yourself a question. Will closing the account really stop you from finding the number if you are really determined. Yes, you could delete all the call logs and entries on your phone, but I have seen people in a similar situation to yourself and it is surprising the lengths they will go to to get what they want.

I don't want to pry but can I suggest you see what professional help is available in your locality which will help you overcome these urges.

Thanks for your help. I was looking for a nice simple solution but seems there isnt one other than will power. I got this!