cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative pay as you go for non smart phones

Hasher18
Tuning in

hi

I've just found out virgin are stopping PAYG, although I haven't had a text from virgin yet.

My current PAYG is an anytime top up where you top up £10 and it lasts until its gone, over several months. There is no monthly charge, top up etc. 

But when I google to find an a similar PAYG to swap to they all seem to be £x a month and you get so much texts, calls and data. 

You can still buy non smart phone so surely there are some tariffs that don't include data?

My £10 lasts me months so I don't want to be paying £7-10 every month. And I don't need data as its an old non-smart phone. 

Does anyone know an alternative provider with a similar set up? One that isn't a monthly rate. And/or one that at least is aimed at non smart phones, that doesn't include data?

4 REPLIES 4

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://www.1pmobile.com/order-your-SIM.taf

this one any good for you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1p Mobile has changed its Terms and Conditions and now costs £2.50 per month. (I've just left)

ASDA do traditional PAYG and GiffGaff can be used that way.

Trad PAYG is disappearing from the scene 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks. I'll take a look at those. 

@enlli wrote:

1p Mobile has changed its Terms and Conditions and now costs £2.50 per month. (I've just left)

If you signed up to 1p Mobile before the 1st January 2021, a minimum spend of £2.50 per month will apply on your SIM card. This monthly minimum spend requirement does not apply to customers joining 1pMobile on or after the 1st January 2021. However, you’ll need to top-up your phone with at least £10 of credit every 120 days.