cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero star service from Virgin Mobile.Phone

sdu60
On our wavelength

I have made two trips overseas recently and on both occasions was unable to use  Virgin Mobile phone services. Phone is Samsung Galaxy A20 s running Android 11.
In USA got this message: "Welcome you are roaming on AT &T. Due to network technology compatibility traditional voice calls will not work. Please use data, SMS and app- based calling."
Notified Virgin but no resolution  so no phone calls possible.
Now for Switzerland. Texted virgin and got an access code as instructed for phone, internet and picture messaging. Entered details but no proper phone connection. On trying to call a UK number there would be a ping and then nothing. The call was logged as 2 seconds. Same again 6 or seven times. However suddenly a good connection. Next 6 days was able to make 3 successful calls from more than 30 trials. Nothing to do with signal coverage as also tried at Zurich airport. Unable to call or text virgin due to the lack of connection.

This  is just a warning for others. Don't offer advice about how to fix the problem because its Good bye Virgin as I am now going out to join another phone services provider.

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sdu60, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues with the Virgin mobile SIM card causing problems 😞
May I ask if this issue occurs when the SIM is placed within another handset?
Let us know and we can continue.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the USA you need a phone which has VoLTE (4G Calling) enabled

If the network detects this is not so you will be denied access.

That was introduced at the end of last year on all US networks 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks