cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You’re my last hope for a PAC code

barstep
On our wavelength

I have tried texting, using the website, calling 789, having my request escalated to the back office and still after 4 days I do not have a PAC code. 
So what do I do next to move my number from Virgin to my new provider?

I have managed to move one number and terminate another but this third number seems to be a problem. There must be someone at Virgin Mobile or elsewhere who knows what to do - isn’t there? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

barstep
On our wavelength

Just to wrap this up. After waiting 9 days and still no PAC code I contacted OFCOM. I had the PAC code within an hour. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @barstep,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear that the team haven't been able to provide you with your PAC code, I can take a further look into this for you but would need to pass account security with you to get this arranged.

I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your information and coming back to us @barstep.

The PAC code has been generated on our system, have you been sent a text message with the code on this morning? 

Regards,

Steven_L

barstep
On our wavelength

I have received another message that says 

PAC request error etc etc 

Barrie

barstep
On our wavelength

Full text received this morning

PAC request error – if we have recently sent you a new SIM please insert it first and request the PAC code again. Otherwise please try again later, if you are still experiencing issues call us on 789.

barstep
On our wavelength

This message seems to assume I am switching to Virgin - but I am switching from Virgin … 

barstep
On our wavelength

If a code has been generated - what is it. Can you give it to me on here?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you recently received a new SIM from Virgin? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

barstep
On our wavelength

No - I’m leaving Virgin Mobile

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@barstep wrote:

No - I’m leaving Virgin Mobile

Yes but did they send you an updated SIM in the past that you didn't use. If a SIM update is pending then a PAC will not go through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks