cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“You have dialled an incorrect number”

MarkLee1962
Joining in

My phone is repeatedly saying I have dialled an incorrect number when I know for certain that I have not. 
I need Virgin to sort this basic function of my phone.

Thank you

Mark Lee

51 REPLIES 51

Hi cjclark30

Thanks for posting, though for future reference please do start your own thread 🙂

Are you currently on a 5G tariff with us? If not and you have 5G active on the phone itself, this could be the issue

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Other people have commented on this thread with the same type of issues and I do not wish to be treated differently.

I can still call other people who are on the Virgin media network, I am not currently using 5G nor in a 5G area at this time.

They should have been advised the same as yourself so will deal with that feedback internally. Thanks for flagging that to me. We ask each customer to make their own thread as it's easier to keep track off.

Have you been able to try the SIM in another phone to see if it's the same issue with this number? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have the same issue, tuned off assistant dialling and same thing. The number is correct!!

Hi Nicob71, 

Thanks for posting on the forums 🙂 I am sorry you're having this issue with calling out on your mobile.

I can confirm we are aware of a wide spread issue regarding this, our IT team is dealing with it as we speak to try and get it resolved as soon as possible.

You should still be able to call people through WhatsApp if that's another option for you - you just need to be connected to the internet or mobile data 🙂

Sorry for the inconvenience with this!

Thanks,

Megan_L

I have not been able to dial an o2 number which I dial all the time today as it says incorrect number even though its correct my husband is also on virgin and cannot dial the number either seems like a frequent problem on virgin looking at the forums but how do I solve this as it is the number i dial the most

Hi vickie1983, 

Thanks for posting on the forums about this issue as well, please take a look at my previous post to Nicob71 as you will most likely be having the same issue 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

We have two Virgin mobile phones and both are getting the you have dialled an incorrect number message when dialling the same Vodafone number. The number works ok on my Virgin house phone.

Tony

Hi Tonyr2, 

Thanks for posting on the forums 🙂 I am sorry you're having this issue with calling out on your mobile.

I can confirm we are aware of a wide spread issue regarding this, our IT team is dealing with it as we speak to try and get it resolved as soon as possible.

You should still be able to call people through WhatsApp if that's another option for you - you just need to be connected to the internet or mobile data 🙂

Sorry for the inconvenience with this!

Thanks,

Megan_L

krustybiker
Tuning in

I ported from Vodafone about 5 years ago, I've had the P20 for around 2 1/2 years and started getting the Incorrect number message a couple of days ago. The first number was the voice mail system, then my wife's number and my daughter's. My foster son's number is fine. Wife on Tesco, daughter on O2, foster son on Tesco. I spoke to Virgin (un)help desk, goy nowhere, I will be receiving a new sim shortly. Seeing other results, I am not expecting much.

I have tried my sim in other phones, same problem. Do I have to change carrier?