cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“You have dialled an incorrect number”

MarkLee1962
Joining in

My phone is repeatedly saying I have dialled an incorrect number when I know for certain that I have not. 
I need Virgin to sort this basic function of my phone.

Thank you

Mark Lee

51 REPLIES 51

Of course this has been done already several times even a replacement t sim has been tried! Virgin media were supposed to ring me back over a week ago and haven’t! It’s absolutely useless and definitely deterring me from staying with virgin media!

Milou321
Joining in

I used Virgin’s text service to try and get answer, but 6 hours later and I still get the error message “you have dialled an incorrect number” even though it’s a valid and working Giffgaff number. Anyone have any idea how to fix this or should I just go to another provider?

I also tried this and several hours on the phone to another provider, still waiting for there call back.. this will never happen so I’ll be spending another few hours to try and get through today! 

Thanks for both replying. 

So just to confirm it happens regardless of the SIM or handset being used?

The numbers you're ringing and this happens on, can you confirm if they're on the EE network or another one?

Did you ever port your number over to us from EE or another provider, or was it a Virgin Mobile number we've given you?

I just need some more information and we can get this raised. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

If you look at the long and painful text conversation with Virgin you will see that this started a couple of weeks ago when I could no longer call a Giffgaff number. It’s nit all giffgaff numbers and I can receive calls and SMS from that number and even send SMS to it, but I can’t call it. 

All the numbers have been with their current provider for years, so it’s not a porting issue. The numbers aren’t blocked and we’ve tried restarts, manual roaming, checking all settings, etc. The reality is that it just stopped working and no one knows why or how to fix it. All day Sunday texting backwards and forwards and it’s not resolved. 

Thanks for that. 

So I'll need to pop you a personal message to grab some details and see how we can get this sorted. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

No it’s not an EE number however I have raised this several times this number was ported over from O2 but was working absolutely fine for several months. To be honest with you I am more frustrated that virgin media have not called me back as promised and I am still waiting for my callback I have had huge anxiety attacks over this

I can appreciate the frustration. 

I do want to have a closer look as I can appreciate we haven't called you back and you're keen to get this sorted. 

it is still possible to be a porting issue if you've had one of our new SIMs recently. We can get to the bottom of this however, so I'll pop you a personal message and take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Something with the network has changed because the number I was having problems with now works. 

My number was ported from EE to VM about a year ago.

Great to hear it's working for you now @DAVEJAVUE

I'm sure it's something we will be looking into to see what's gone on.

Emma_C - Forum Team