cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have dialled an incorrect number

Lyy
Joining in

This started a few months ago when I dial my sister. We are both with virgin mobile and I would hear "you have dialled an incorrect number" it's not incorrect we've had the same numbers for over 15 years. 

My sister has an iPhone, she always has this make. My last phone was an iPhone I'm now using a Samsung galaxy.  We've both had new sim's yet this keeps happening but only with her number.

I can send a text, she can ring me but if I try to reply I keep getting the same thing.

Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lyy

Thanks for the reply

Just to check, have you noticed if you experience the incorrect number issue when moving to an area with weaker signal? Or is this completely random as to when you notice the error message?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lyy

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, can you confirm if your sister is in the UK when you are dialling her?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Yes we're both in UK. I've actually rang her phone while we're in the same house. Sometimes it will connect but mostly tells me I've dialled a wrong number. All text messages go through no problem.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lyy

Thanks for the reply

Just to check, have you noticed if you experience the incorrect number issue when moving to an area with weaker signal? Or is this completely random as to when you notice the error message?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Lyy
Joining in

It's random. Some days I get through some days I don't. Today I have not been able to ring my sister all day. I text her to ring me, she did. I told her I would try ring her back but the call wouldn't go through. 

It's the only number in my contacts this happens with. 

Hey Lyy, thank you for the update regrading this issue. So you have recently gone from an iPhone to an Android? 

Can I also confirm both phones are updates to the latest software? 

This can be a common issues when swapping from IOS to Android, please can you both ensure Can you both ensure dial assist is turned off for me and then try calling again.

Also can you let me know if she tried to call you is it the same issues? 

Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Lyy
Joining in

Not recently no. I changed my phone last year. Both phones updated. No dial assist. Tried restarting and everything else people have suggested online. 

I've deleted her number and added it again. 

I've noticed other virgin customers having the same problem using different handsets so it's not that.

Have you any idea or not? 

Hi Lyy, thank you for letting me know. Okay I want to look into this personally so I am going to send you a PM.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?