cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“You have dialled an incorrect number”

MarkLee1962
Joining in

My phone is repeatedly saying I have dialled an incorrect number when I know for certain that I have not. 
I need Virgin to sort this basic function of my phone.

Thank you

Mark Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off.... what phone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

51 REPLIES 51

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off.... what phone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

douglasmelvin
Tuning in

I have the same problem, have you been able to get this fixed, 

if you have, could you let me know.

Thanks,

Douglas

Not sure why this has been marked solved. I've had exactly the same thing since yesterday and it's only doing it when I call my missus phone, which is the one I call the most. 100% correct number as it's been in my phone for years and is 1 digit different to my own. She is on EE, I'm on VM Mobile if it's related. 

My phone is a Samsung S9, but I've also swapped my Sim into an iPhone 7 and get the same thing. 

Looking on EE's community forums, it has been an issue for users before and was resolved in the same day... VM need to look into this or approach EE for the solution. 

Virgin Media so called help is the worst I have ever seen,

you can't get help from any of their methods.

The problem I have is also happening to other people as well,

so what on earth is happening?

Has virgin's service been hacked, or got some sort of virus?

So if anybody out there has a solution, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi douglasmelvin and DAVEJAVUE

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the phone issue. Is this with every number dialled?

Please in future could you make your own threads as easier to communicate 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

I do not call many number, but from the handful I do call, there is only one that's not connecting, my wife's, who is on with EE. Still doing it today. Number is 100% correct. She dials me, it's fine. I return her call, it doesn't exist. SMS works fine.

Thought I'd give it some time, incase it was a blip that may correct itself, but it hasn't.

This exact thing happens to me and for a week now calling my mum which is a valid number says incorrect number I have called Virgin Mobile over eight times and on four of these occasions the number has gone dead and nobody has called me back they are looking into a complaint of mine but nobody has rang me back and it’s still continuing!!

I have tried a new Sim card I have tried my Sim in a different phone there is a fault and Virgin are doing nothing to solve this my mum is the person I called the most and it should not be saying an incorrect number

I have the same problem. Unable to dial some GiffGaff (O2) Numbers but not all. Accepts incoming calls from that number but I get the “incorrect number” message trying to dial ou. 

Hi Pd111 and Milou321

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the calling issues. Can you both ensure dial assist is turned off for me and then try calling again if it wasn't turned off previously?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill