Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel useless

Angela_d
Joining in

Why oh why do virgin use yodel 

if I’d realised I wouldn’t have ordered a new phone from virgin

ordered a new phone last week, received message it would be delivered today , followed the tracking, when it got to 20 stops before me I sat in the window next to the front door  ( I needed the phone for a long drive I had to make the next day, I’m almost 70 and was worried about the journey) 9 stops away, then 2    Then. Message on tracking. Sorry we missed you we have left a card no they hadn’t tried to deliver and no they hadn’t left a card

cant get to speak to anyone at yodel, webchat assistant rearranged delivery with out consultation to day I was travelling. I messaged this date was impossible. No reply

rang virgin. They said it was yodel who had to deal with it !

16 REPLIES 16

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Angela_d

Sorry to hear this has happened

Can we please ask if you have also contacted Yodel about this 

They will be able to contact the driver directly and see whats happened 

Gareth_L

Hi 

yes I tried that first, within 5 minutes of getting update in tracking 

phone was automated without the option to speak to someone, just to rearrange delivery 
next tried webchat, as previously said, operator said t perhaps driver couldn’t find it, I told them I live on the main arterial route into my small city.  Then delivery was rearranged without consultation for the next day, I said no I was out all day but webchat had been stopped so no answer 

that’s when I rang virgin. Was given a ‘ direct’ phone number for yodel. But when I phoned it was an automated service 

tried webchat again got delivery moved to Thursday but how do I know this will happen ?

told to check tracking for updates !  That’s what I did all day today!

to be honest I think it got to half four, the road was busy, I think he just decided to call it a day   On the map they provide he was two streets away and then I got the message sorry they’d missed me 

this is an expensive phone and I’m worried about it   What if they don’t deliver ?  There is no one at yodel to speak to 

surely my contract is with virgin and they should make sure their delivery firm deliver on time 

tried to tell me it was due to bad weather, I live 10 miles from the yodel depot in Southampton my parcel was coming from (on the south coast  ) No weather problems here, no snow, no ice etc 

Also I asked via messaging four times for contact to make a formal complaint , they wouldn’t give me one.  

Thanks for the update Angela_d

I know its like we are passing the buck to say contact Yodel 

But we have no direct access to the delivery side of things 

If they have advised it will be redelivered then it would be best to keep an eye on the tracking details 

Gareth_L

That’s exactly what I did today 

very worried as just read another post where someone has had the same problem 

she rearranged delivery and it still didn’t come 

she then got a message it had been delivered, it hadn’t  was panicking what to do next 

Please keep us posted on how things go Angela_d

Gareth_L

Tracking now saying can’t find parcel

Hey Angela,

I would advise trying to contact Yodel again?

Regards

Paul.

I received a reply from yodel this morning in response to my resolver complaint. However the link in the email shows no active parcel!