cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yodel returned to sender

jonjam
Joining in

Hi

I placed an order for a contract phone with you, received confirmation of everything including direct debit date, new phone number etc. and delivery tracking information. On the day my phone was due to be delivered I checked Yodel who informed me that the phone would not be delivered and has been returned to sender. Please advise my next steps.

Thank you

John

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonjam 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your order has been returned back to us. 

I have had a peek at our systems and can see you spoke with our team regarding this yesterday.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply. I was waiting on whatsapp for a long time yesterday before i managed to speak to someone. The person told me that i would receive a call to check some details but i don't understand why it had been sent to my local Yodel depot then returned in the first place. Surely any checks are completed before device is dispatched? 

Can you look into this for me please and let me know when i am likely to be contacted regarding this?

Thank you
John

Thanks for coming back to me @jonjam 

I will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for clearing DPA with me via PM @jonjam 

So I can see your order was not received due to additional verification checks required this end. 

Our back office team are looking into this and will contact you directly asap. 

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience. 

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

This gets worse now - just received an email from you as follows:

"We've got your request to cancel your Virgin Mobile contract. Everything's sorted. 

We've cancelled your contract as requested. Your One month Rolling Contract has ended but a 1-month notice period still applies, so you'll pay £0. on your next bill to cover the rest of your notice period to 23/02/2023 - 23/03/2023. 

Any usage outside of your allowance will be charged at standard network rates. 

Kind regards, 
The Virgin Media team "

I have not cancelled or requested anything and still waiting for a call from you for "verification checks" - please can you let me know what is happening here - it's bizarre.

Thanks

John

4 weeks on and this is still happening!!! Twice now for me. What the hell is going on?!?!