Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong format numbers in Iphone SOLVED

ResidentRob
Tuning in

Hi All

Here is the 100% guaranteed fix

1st off the issue is NOT in the phone or the network provider. Most of us use Icloud to back up our phone numbers and that is the problem

On your computer goto icloud . com and log in

open Contacts then at the bottom left of the screen click on the cog for settings then select preferences

In here look for Formats and see which country it is set to. Obviously for us in the UK we want United Kingdom not United States. Once changed click save

Now restart your phone and hey presto ALL FIXED

Good Luck All 

Message to Virgin Mobile Tech support make sure all your staff read this to save the hassle of us customers becoming frustrated with your staff when they are asking for help

19 REPLIES 19

How strange! In this case, please try the following link and let me know if it helps https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201389.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nancledre
On our wavelength
Hi Akua_A
done that, rebooted phone, still no joy

In this case, please also try the following link and let me know if this helps https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000658

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

nancledre
On our wavelength
No Joy
Tried deleting Contacts App and re-installing still same

FYI
the problem is only on iphone. If I look at contacts on ipad or icloud on the computer they are all in the correct format

Thank you for letting me know and thank you for trying @nancledre/.

In this case, it may be best advised to take the device back to Apple as this may be a device-only issue.

Please do however let me know how this goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

nancledre
On our wavelength
Thanks Akua

Apple it is, although the second household phone is exactly the same model and vintage and that one is ok!!

Alf

This definitely is strange @nancledre.

Please do let me know how it goes with Apple and we will do our best to help from here 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Excellent clear help. Thank you.

Glad to hear the advice offered in this thread has helped resolve any issues you may have had Bob29.

If you need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob