cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Number displayed

alan1953
Joining in

When I send a text to my friend it shows it coming from 4839615173. He lives in Guernsey but is currently in the UK with me and his network is Jersey Telecoms. When he replies to the text it does not return to me but the other number. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi alan1953,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums, I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble receiving some texts from your friend whilst he's staying in the UK. Has this only started happening since he's been in the UK?

Have you been able to see whether other texts he's sending to numbers in the UK are being redirected to another number? It's possible that this may be an issue with his SIM/carrier. 

I would advise that he checks to see whether your number is formatted correctly in his contacts? 

I would also advise to check to see whether dial assist is switch on on his handset, and if it is to turn that setting off and test to see if the text is still being re directed.

Let us know,

Beth

Beth

It also displays the wrong number when I send a text to him in Guernsey.

It only happens with my number other UK numbers to him are ok. If he sends a text to me it works, it is only when I reply that my number is changed somewhere along the line to +48 739076151 which is Poland. Any ideas?

Our mobile phones are all set up correctly it is somewhere in the network.

Alan Green

Thanks for getting back to us Alan,

Can you confirm if you've rebooted the phone?

What handsets are you using?

Alex_Rm