Menu
rich40w
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wish to cancel after TERRIBLE customer experience and 50% tariff increase!!!!!!!

So is there a guaranteed way to cancel my data only contract without speaking to a foreign call centre? I have just tried to get some sense over why my data only deal has gone up by 50% only to be totally ignored and told it is in line with email from April and is in line with retail price index......since when has the UK RPI gone up 50%????????

Asked to be put to a supervisor and was just left on hold in silence for 10 minutes......utterly disgusted and just want to cancel now. Why do Virgin wind us up through using poorly trained foreign call centres?

Anyone offer advice on how to cancel via a UK site so I can trust it has been done?

0 Kudos
BrashJerk
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wish to cancel after TERRIBLE customer experience and 50% tariff increase!!!!!!!

I tried several times to get the UK centre to try to leave. I hang up when I get the foreign ones but they phone back and when I explained I only wanted to deal with UK personnel. I was informed all calls are routed off-shore now. Not sure if it's a lie or not because they have no problems lying but that's what he said.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rich40w
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wish to cancel after TERRIBLE customer experience and 50% tariff increase!!!!!!!

Tried again to cancel last night and just lost it with the idiot at the other end! Again foreign call centre but this guy just kept talking over me and didn't listen so I hung up. He called me back and took some details after agreeing to put me through to a supervisor as I felt I was getting nowhere with him.....he took more details and asked why I wanted to leave so told him there was the complete break down in customer care in addition to the immoral 50% increase in tariff which, although financially not much, the principal of the 50% increase without warning as opposed to the warned RPI increase, it just was not acceptable behaviours.....when I stopped talking there was silence at the other end, I asked where was he and more silence......I hung up absolutely fuming!!!!!!

Virgin, when will you realise your strategy of offshore call centres is not doing you ANY favours......it may save you a little cash but I bet it loses you more with disgruntled users.........

Any one know where Neil Bartholomew the Customer Operation Exec Director is based as I would love to write to him direct......

0 Kudos
rich40w
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well the latest episode in my saga is I called and arranged to cancel my data only deal heavily pointing out I would honour to the conclusion of the contract......the call centre operator said my deal would finish on the 1st Sept, so I queried why it was not the refresh date of 14th Sept, and was told that’s just how it is.......I have just had an email charging me 88p due to ‘early cancellation’!!!!!!! Yet again Virgin Media just not listening to what was requested.......

Speachless and very disappointed, particularly with no input from Virgin......time to review my phone and TV/Broadband/Landline package too........Virgin obviously doesn’t want my business

0 Kudos
Jayceeyoukay
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar experience. I was sent an email in April telling me that they were migrating me to a new deal. Same data, talk and sms allowance as before, but at £15.00 per month instead of £12.37. I called them and said that such an increase was unacceptable and that I would cancel the (30-day) account if it was imposed. I was then told that I could ignore the email, and even given a complaint reference. I was therefore not best please to receive a text last Sunday telling me that it was "all done", and that my new deal had been activated.

The call centre were anything but helpful when I complained about an effective price increase of 21%. I too heard the platitudes about RPI which I dismissed out of hand. When I quoted the aforementioned Complaint reference, I was told "it's closed". The best they could do was offer me an inferior deal which I rejected.

Coming on top of a long drawn out saga involving hyphens in emails and access to online accounts denied, (see under Mobile website logging in) this was the final straw. I mailed a letter the following day to the address on my bill giving the required thirty day notice of cancellation. I got a PAC code yesterday and my new provider is now up and running.

Virgin, you may have a cable monopoly, but there are plenty of other mobile phone providers out there, and if you treat customers in this fashion, we can and do walk. Bye bye!