cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi no longer visible on London underground

ruswit
On our wavelength

Hi all, 

I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube.

Is this being phased out?

[MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]

141 REPLIES 141

Please stop linking to the TfL website. It doesn't answer people's question.

It says nothing about Virgin, and people are saying the O2 instructions don't work.

Virgin clearly not told their staff anything and in the dark as are we !

Earlier was being told to go register with BI or something but asked where I do that and then suddenly it’s go read tfl !! Circles ! Clearly they don’t use virgin sim in London ! 

Dear VM moderators etc. 

please escalate this thread. 

Customers are following the links but the solutions are not working. The 4g rollout isn't going to be completed for another two years almost and the WiFi Extra for O2 customers with whom VM has merged isn't working for many of them. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to say this is coming up on the O2 Community regularly.

Not sure O2 are interested and as for Virgin the mobile side is fast disappearing so no incentive there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/wifi-terms

Please note: If you have joined or re-contracted to Virgin Media Broadband or Virgin Mobile on or after 1st December 2022, Virgin Media’s out of home WiFi hotspots and the Virgin Media London Underground WiFi service are not available to you and will not form part of your contract for either Virgin Media broadband or Virgin Mobile.

And if your contract dates back to 2018 like mine?

90B6E342-CC64-4C2D-920A-9F7CC9085C9A.png

 it’s in virgin mobile website !

But TfL WiFi isn't the network for the Underground stations. TfL WiFi is the on-train one for some London Overground trains (for those who know about the actual trains its the newer class 710 sets but not the older 378s) and all the trains on the Elizabeth Line. The screenshot was a list of all WiFi networks I picked up on the platform of Blackhorse Road Victoria Line earlier. No TfL WiFi. People mentioning WiFi extra is the one Virgin customers should somehow try and connect with. 

Screenshot_20230403-123237.png 

And that doesn't work and it won't work. Lots of people on here looking for guidance about this and nothing is forthcoming from the VM staffers.