cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

angeladowdall
Joining in

I have not had wifi calling for 6 months and live in an area with no service. The customer service team have not been helpful. I read some information online that said a purple SIM card enables wifi calling. My son and father both have a purple SIM card and don’t have any problem with wifi calling. I requested a new/purple SIM card and was sent. a normal one and surprise surprise no Wifi calling still. Can someone please help me. I don’t really want to cancel my contract - I have 3 phones numbers with Virgin but I keep paying for a service I can’t actually use. What will solve this problem? 

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @angeladowdall 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. Sorry to hear you are having issues with WiFi calling even after a sim swap. We want to do our best to help. Are you trying to use WiFi calling as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling Also, what happens when attempting WiFi calling? Do you get an error message? 

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for responding. I have now been told that I will need to leave Virgin as they are now on 02 lines and not EE. This means the coverage in my area is not good and they can’t offer my wifi calling anymore. Having been a customer with Virgin for at least 8 years. I am more than disappointed. I have 3 phones to move and find new contracts for. Extremely disappointing service. I have spent 6 months speaking to Virgin with a service I have not been able to use to be now told there is nothing they can do. Disappointed doesn’t even cut it.  

Just to clarify @angeladowdall, Virgin Media and O2 merged in June 2021 creating the UK’s largest telecoms challenger with award-winning mobile services and the fastest widely available broadband in the market all under one roof.

Virgin Media O2 will be giving millions of its customers more data and extra benefits this year as it begins moving all Virgin Mobile customers over to O2’s range of plans.

In February 2023, we started contacting Virgin Mobile customers who'll be the first to move over to O2 mobile plans, and the switch will happen in March 2023. 

We'll continue to move customers over to O2 mobile plans throughout the year, and by the end of 2023 all existing and newly joined Virgin Mobile customers will have been moved to O2 plans.
 You can find our about O2 coverage in your area here to see if this move works in your favour in regards to WiFi calling https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

There is no coverage in my area with 02. My wifi calling stopped working when the new SIM card linked to 02 was sent. Virgin have suggested I find another provider. Extremely disappointed to change after so many years. My area does not benefit from this change. 

We truly apologise for this experience @angeladowdall We will be sad to see you go. We'll be in touch to let you know before we move you to an O2 mobile plan and give you the right to cancel without any early cancellation fees if you think it’s not right for you. If you have a handset loan with us, it won't be moved to O2 and will continue to be provided by Virgin Media Mobile Finance Ltd, which means your right to cancel won't extend to your handset loan.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team