cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling problems

davaha
Tuning in

Switched both our iPhones to Virgin sim only contracts a month ago. Previously had no problems with wifi calling on other networks even though our home signal is not good.

Now we cannot use wifi calling in any meaningful way. The calls either fail to connect at all or when they do the person cannot hear us.

Checked all the usual suspects .........

Network reset ..... done

Mobile roaming settings checked and Volte switched on.

Phones powered on and off.

Sims re-inserted.

Both iPhones x and xi are running up to date OS.

Can't bee the phones as they are both affected in the same way.

Any suggestions gratefully received before we decide to leave for another network.

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've found on some new accounts WiFi Calling has not been activated Virgin's end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @davaha,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with WiFi calling on your devices. Have you followed the help on this link here?

If not, please can you give this ago and let me know if it helps at all, if this doesn't help at all, we can get this looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the link, but yes, we've tried all that.
Just to add our download speeds average 70Mbps with 18Mbps uploads so its not our home router setup either.
Regards

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davaha,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing WiFi Calling issue. Sorry to hear that the link provided by my colleague was unable to help resolve this issue. I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davaha,

Thank you for speaking to me via Private Messages in regards to your WiFi Calling issue.

I'm glad that I have been able to resolve your issue and that your WiFi Calling is now fully activated. 

I understand that your wife is experiencing the same issue, so please have her create an account on our Community and our team will be more than happy to assist as soon as we can.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davaha,

Thank you for your Private Message. Please have your wife create a post if possible and we'll be happy to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team