cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling om Moto g50

martinGriffin
Joining in

I have a Moto g50 with Andriod 11.  Please advise how to get WiFi calling working as I have a very poor G4 signal in the countryside.  My wife has a Moto G7 on EE network and this wifi calling works and solves her problem.  Isn't Virgin mobile using the EE network?

I have just installed a G5 sim as I belieed this gave me wifi calling but there is no change.

19 REPLIES 19

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin use EE, but are in the process of moving to Vodafone. However, Wi-Fi Calling is down to Virgin alone and only a small number of handsets are supported. I'm not sure yours is.

Remember with Android 11 WiFi Calling has to be turned on in the pull down menu AND the dialer app If they don't work you are out of luck

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for your reply.

Vodaphone say my Moto G50 works with wifi calling on their network. I am in an area where Vodaphone [on their sevice map] say I can't get voice signal indoors.

But if Virgin don't allow wifi calling on my phone and I am moved to Vodaphone network then i'm stuffed!

Does anyone know how I talk to Virgin about this i.e. not a sales call centre.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by means of some background info with any MVNO of which Virgin Mobile is one. MVNO = Mobile Virtual Network Operator, or a "piggyback" provider in common parlance.

Whichever network operator provides the underlying coverage makes no difference to additional services such as WiFi-calling, as you are not a customer of VF or EE. You're a customer of Virgin Mobile, and it's the services that Virgin offer that matter to you. The fact that Virgin happen to use xyz network for their radio coverage, is irrelevant for this particular query.

If you want to avail of a particular service offered by Vodafone or EE, then you should be a customer of those operators directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello martinGriffin

Thanks for your post 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi martinGriffin

Thank you very much for those details 

I have just been onto your settings and made Wifi Calling Active

Might be best to reboot your handset then see if it works from your end 

Gareth_L

Gareth,

I have nothing on my phone in the way of wifi calling option appearing.

Motorola state it out of the box andriod:

Settings>Network & Internet>Mobile network>Advanced there is no wifi calling opion displayed.

Please advise.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pull down and expand the menu (blue circles) Check that wifi calling shows and can be turned on.

Its not there. Nor is it on the Moto g7 we have which has wifi calling working and is on Andriod 10.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is not there and if it doesn't appear in the Phone app, then it is not supported.