cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling not working and sim card registration

HelenPerks362
On our wavelength

Hi, 

Would anyone be kind enough to help. I have a galaxy note 10 plus which I bought as reconditioned from a reliable source.

Although, my virgin media/EE is perfect outside my home, inside its shocking.  I have 2 problems

1. My network drops out completely at least once a day and I get a message saying sim card refreshing. I've followed all the help on line and it still does it. 

2. Possible solution to help with the above is WiFi calling. It is enabled on my phone by doesn't appear to take over when at home on my gigabyte Internet wifi. 

Can someone help please? 

Helen

18 REPLIES 18

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HelenPerks362, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your mobile service, we will do all we can to help. 

When the network drops are you at home or is this happening in multiple locations (other postcodes)?

For information on setting up WiFi calling or troubleshooting, please see here

Thanks, 

Nat

Actually I am house bound at the moment so it only happens at home. But I have spent 2 weeks on another location last year and it never happened once.

The single is terrible once I am at home. When family and friends call I have to put my phone near a window and on loud speaker so my phone is not moving. But even this works all the time. 

WiFi calling was working on my old phone samsung a71 so it should d already be active. But it just doesn't work on my Samsung note 10plus.

I forgot to add that I have a Samsung tablet which I operate on the same EE network (for data) and it does not happen to that service at all.

I am disabled and recovering from a life saving operation so I can really afford to be with my mobile. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your tablet is on EE but your Virgin Phone uses O2 so you can't compare the two 

Sounds like poor signal from O2, in which case there is little that can be done.

Wifi calling should work but Virgin need to check their end to make sure it is still active 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply HelenPerks362. 

Lets take a look at the account and make sure your setting are all correct and we can go from there. 

Please check the purple envelope for a private message from me 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi HelenPerks362,

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to get this matter resolved and you can now use the WiFi calling service. 

Please do get in touch if we can assist in the future and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi, 

The refreshing sim messages just happen 3 times in a row after restarting my device? 

Helen

Hi HelenPerks362.

Not to worry as we had to refresh your settings. 

Are you still getting the message?

Thanks, 

Nat

Not since my last message but I'll keep you posted. 

That's great, thank you 🙂 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance. 

Nat