cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling not working and saved numbets not recognised

Klondonkew
Joining in

Hi.

I’ve had wifi calling enabled by Virgin but it doesnt appear to work. 99% of calls I recieve go through to my voicemail as I have no service in my home. 99% of the time I also can’t make calls out. When I try to do so I get an automated message saying I’m dialling an incorrect number - despite it being a correct number.

Please help or I will have to leave Virgin as this is not at all workable.

Also if there a way that you can view a list of voicemails and listen to each one separately on Virgin? On Sky I could see a list of voicemails and play each whenever i wanted without having to call voicemail.

Thanks,

Kerrie

17 REPLIES 17

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kerrie, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with WiFi calling. 

You'll need to ensure you have set up and enabled WiFi calling in order for the device to call out that way. You can do this, and also find tips on how to get things working here

In terms of the Voicemail, once you've listened to it, if you want the option of listening to it again then you will need to ensure you save it. Once saved you can listen to your voicemail at anytime by calling it. You can view more on Voicemail here

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath for your response. 
As per your guidelines I’m trying to send a txt to 78992 in order to check my phone has the correct details…..but the text keeps pinging back not delivered. I’ve tried sending the text from various locations but no joy.

How can I fix this?

thanks,

kerrie

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you let me know what phone you have please? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Its an iphone 13.

thanks

Kerrie

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you please do the following. 

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks Ryan. I’ve done that and restarted my phone. Still can’t send the text to 78992. 
Certain phone numbers appear in my contacts saved strangely as digit,digit then space then digit digit (eg 07 989 or 02 073 008) When I try and call thise numbers Dial Assist comes up on my phone and says I’ve dialled an incorrect number.

Are Virgin sims unable to work with iphones?!

thanks,

kerrie

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

They do work with iPhones, Kerry - just to confirm. 

The settings can be found here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Mobile-APN-settings/ba-p/3629014 - it would be the same as the message which isn't going through. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I’ve checked and those settings look the same. Is there anything to try?

thanks.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Klondonkew

Thanks for your response and good morning

Can you try the below for me please?

1. Open Settings.
  2. Choose Phone.
  3. Tap the button next to Dial Assist.

If you then reboot the phone this may fix this, I've had a similar problem before and this fixed it. Please keep me updated.

Regard

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs