cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling has stopped working

vickieingle
Tuning in

Wifi calling worked fine until recently- I have no signal so cannot make or receive calls without it.  I have made sure i have the latest ios, turned wifi calling on and off, restarted iphone (11 max), nothing works, please help as cannot make or receive calls without it and will have to go back to 02 - which I dont want to do…. I have a BT home hub id that helps. Thank you

30 REPLIES 30

I am using an iphone 11 Max, purchased outright.  Last night I completely reset all Network Settings - it made no difference.  Currently I am at work and Wifi Call has appeared at the top of my screen, so it seems to be working here ..... I need to check if this still the case when I get home this evening - I suspect not, in which case it looks like it is something to do with the relationship between Virgin/vodafone and my BT Router?  Will update when I am home this evening.

I am thrilled to say that wifi calling is working at home also this evening. No changes made to anything since yesterday so somewhere out in the ether someone fixed a setting. Hopefully that is is now, all sorted. Thank you!

If you followed my thread you can see that I've just posted that it started to work for me again. So, it was an issue at their end which luckily was solved.

Having got this issue resolved in February I was asked by Virgin to swap my sim card (it wasn't a choice, I was told my old one would cease to work).  Unfortunately, having done so I now find WiFi calling doesn't work.  It sometimes appears at top left of my screen but is totally inconsistent and drops calls after a few seconds.  I have done alway the usual things of resetting my network settings etc. but it has made no difference.  I tried calling the helpline but as I have no way of making a call from my phone whilst in the home (no signal hence the need for wifi calling), I had to go and stand in a field to do this and they weren't able to help unless I was at home ...... please can someone help.  I imagine it is something to do with the new 5G ready sim combined with my BT Router, but I am stuck.  Are there some carrier settings I need to change?  Also whilst writing I repeatedly get a message saying 'Network Provider Settings Update - new settings are avalable. Would you like to update them now?  (This pre-dates the change of sim and continues to appear).  If I click 'update' nothing happens and the message continues to pop up every few minutes.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back in touch vickieingle. 

I am sorry to hear you are once again experiencing issues with WiFi calling, we will do all we can to help.

Can you please confirm if you are still using the same iPhone 11?

Details of the required settings can be found here.

Thanks, 

Nat

I confirm it is still the iPhone 11.  The problem has only happened since the Sim was changed.  I have tried everything on the link you sent me - it only really tells you about turning the wifi calling on and off, and I have already tried updating/resetting network turning on and off etc.  As per last time I think there is something at your end.  As things stand I cannot make or receive calls at home so I will have no choice but to switch suppliers if this cannot be sorted quickly.  I saw somewhere a suggestion of texting texting ALL to 78992 if it was  new sim to ensure all correct settings.  The text will not go through, even if I try it somewhere with signal, are you able to manually tell me the settings it would give?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

With this being the case, I would like to check the settings from our side. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details and we can go from there. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat

Wondering if I am experiencing the same issue - I am using iPhone 11 and Wifi calling stopped working for me a few days ago. I called customer service yesterday and after they reset my wifi calling feature on the network it worked again, but then stopped working this morning. I called back and they have just reset again and is working again but don't know for how long, can't go through the same process again every day! 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jlattimer,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar problem with your service. Have you been able to try the previous advice provided by other members of our Community and team?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, yes I've tried toggling wifi calling in phone settings, switching phone on and off, switching router on and off. It's only when the WiFi calling feature is switched on and off on the Virgin side that it starts working again immediately which would seem to suggest that that's where the problem is.