cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling has stopped working

vickieingle
Tuning in

Wifi calling worked fine until recently- I have no signal so cannot make or receive calls without it.  I have made sure i have the latest ios, turned wifi calling on and off, restarted iphone (11 max), nothing works, please help as cannot make or receive calls without it and will have to go back to 02 - which I dont want to do…. I have a BT home hub id that helps. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oh dear? Native WiFi Calling doesn't use apps 😒 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vickieingle

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your WiFi calling not working, I'm sorry to hear you're unable to make calls over a WiFi connection at the moment. Just to clarify - do you have Virgin Mobile but BT as a broadband supplier?

How is everything else working when connecting to your Hub, are any other devices having issues?

Kind regards,

Serena

Yes I have a Virgin Mobile contract but BT as a broadband supplier so a BT Home Hub 2.  Everything else is working fine and Wifi Calling was working fine until a few days ago.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification Vickie. Have you made any changes to your mobile account, device or SIM recently? When you're out and about, do you get any signal then or does it not work at all?

Kind regards,

Serena

I have made no changes at all.  I have never had a signal in my home (well only one bar), but used Wifi Calling so it was not an issue.  I get signal when I am out and about - I always have.  The only thing that has changed is that for all the time I have been with Virgin, Wifi Calling worked fine and suddenly in the last 10 days or so it has stopped working completely.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details Vickie. Can you try deleting and re-installing the apps you use to make WiFi calls from? Have you also tried these troubleshooting steps?

Best wishes,

Serena

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oh dear? Native WiFi Calling doesn't use apps 😒 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification @enlli 🙂 Apologies for the incorrect advise regarding deleting the apps @vickieingle, I presumed you were making calls over WhatsApp. My apologies!

Are you able to try using your SIM in a different handset to see if you can make WiFi calls from another handset?

Best wishes,

Serena

I don't have another handset to try ....... but I REALLY don't think it is a handset issue

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting me know @vickieingle

Was your handset purchased from us? What handset are you using?

Have you tried forgetting then reconnecting your mobile to the WiFi network?

Best wishes,

Serena