cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling and VoLTE on Samsung S8

vmuser272727
On our wavelength

For those of you who still own a Samsung Galaxy S8, since VM introduced it, have you been able to get Wi-Fi Calling and 4G/VoLTE calling on your device?

Both work on EE but the S8 isn't on VM's supported list so presumably mileage will vary...

43 REPLIES 43

@Sinky55 wrote:

Thanks for that

Out of interest, are you a relatively new customer?

As they have a Samsung S20 5G I would guess so.

Oops I was wrong 😣

The Giggitty 1

No I've had a virgin ultimate oomph bundle for 18 months now and my phone was bought direct from Samsung last April

That's interesting - so you must've been migrated to Voda at some point already

Hello, just going to add to the thread, VoLTE showed up the other day on my S20 Ultra but my area is not 5G enabled on Vodafone, so its only on4G and 4G+.

Regards

(VM Mobile with Vodafone is pants outside cities)

Speed Test

I dont now how long ago I migrated to Voda  but VoLTE calling just appeared on my notification bar yesterday

Same here

Sinky55
On our wavelength

I think its just all 5G virgin phones are migrating to Vodafone from EE

@Sinky55 wrote:

I think its just all 5G virgin phones are migrating to Vodafone from EE

Correct, I reckon the IMEI's of 5G phones can be detected and matched with Sim's or accounts and those get the switch so when in coverage area can get 5G, and as the 5G customer base is much smaller than the 3/4G customer base its the best way to start migrations in case issues arise

The Giggitty 1

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Anybody who has bought a 5G phone from Virgin is now being switched.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks