cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling and VoLTE on Samsung S8

vmuser272727
On our wavelength

For those of you who still own a Samsung Galaxy S8, since VM introduced it, have you been able to get Wi-Fi Calling and 4G/VoLTE calling on your device?

Both work on EE but the S8 isn't on VM's supported list so presumably mileage will vary...

43 REPLIES 43

I'm on the outskirts of Glasgow, hopefully we will get it soon.

@Bartman007 wrote:

@Sinky55 wrote:

What area is that if you don't mind me asking?

3 have more areas than anyone, hopefully Vodafone will pull their finger out, they only seem to upgrade cities.

I dunno I think EE is leading with coverage, Three just has more spectrum bandwidth to use,

Over in Birmingham, Vodafone are starting to move fast now, a lot of kit going up on masts but takes up to a few months for it to get activated.

By the looks of it you shouldn't be waiting to long over there if the kits not ready for activation already.

The Giggitty 1

I have now got the same message from Virgin that 5G is ready for use on my phone,unfortunately I have no coverage yet where I live on the outskirts of Glasgow 

Check the coverage over at Telford and surrounding areas, Vodafone is terrible in all bands, EE was much better and 3 is better than EE, its ok if you start blurting how fast it is in Birmingham, but it is only a handful that Vodafone have, and they don't upgrade that fast in rural areas, its a know fact for all of them, and I guess it will be the case with 1gb fiber from VM. Its a cash cow thing.

Regards

(VM Mobile with Vodafone is pants outside cities)

Speed Test