cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi on Tube

Ballsmedia75
On our wavelength

I'm having issues, I select Virgin Media Wifi from the wifi options, then select virginmedia which brings up the login options page. I sign in using my Virgin Mobile login details, I then get a "The network you are trying to connect is not secure" page error and it doesn't connect. I then choose the Virgin Media wifi option which takes me to a settings screen which asks me to choose EAP method and phase 2 authentication etc etc which I don't know what to input so I can't connect that way. My Virgin Media Connect app doesn't load as I'm running Android 11 on my Oneplus Nord which it seems to have issues with. Anyone see what I'm missing, any answers?

7 REPLIES 7

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've got a Virgin Mobile SIM, try the steps in on this help page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/sim-based-wifi-eap-profile-settings

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I have Virgin mobile sim, selected aka and it doesn't connect, tried at 2 different stations

To be fair the VM WIFI on the tube is crap, and Vodafone pulled their users from using it due to all the issues, and the fact they are putting 4G into the Tube Network.

My advice don't bother with it.

I had very little issues connecting with my EE sim, it worked fine

Thank for your post Ballsmedia75, 

London Underground WiFi
On the Connect App, the SSID will now be available across all 250 stations and will now be secured, as opposed to the Open SSID. The Connect App will automatically connect customers if their device the Connect App set up, and customers won’t need to repeatedly sign in, which is a really positive change for both our Mobile and Cable customers.

It may be worth taking advantage of the 4G that's being installed as @pcg33kuk advises, but can you confirm that the devices software, and connect application are both currently up to date?

Can you also confirm if you've opted in to allow your router to work as a Wi-Fi hotspot for other users? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Is there a list of stations where I could check whether it works

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your post @Ballsmedia75

You'll be able to find the list of Tube stations with Wi-Fi here

Any issues please let us know 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide