cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling stopped on A71

Rmassara
Joining in

Hi. I have had my Samsung galaxy A71 for a couple of years, but WiFi calling has never worked (even though it's switched on via settings on my phone). A few weeks back I called VM and it turned out the service, along with voice over 4g was not switched on at their end. Soon after they did so, all was working well 

Except... It always seemed to switch on and off periodically. And now for the past 2 weeks, it won't switch on at all.

I have no mobile signal at home so WiFi calling is my only option. The A71 still thinks it's switched on, but no mobile signal and no WiFi calling logo.

Plus, if I switch to flight mode, then turn the WiFi on, you would expect WiFi calling to be forced on, but no, nothing. I just get a message saying the call cannot be made without a mobile connection.

Can anyone offer any more advice please? I mean it's switched on locally. VM switched the service on remotely, the phone is a supported model. But nothing seems to kick WiFi calling on.

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rmassara,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with wifi calling. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused you and we want to best help. In this case, I have sent you a private message in order to take a deeper look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help and we will do our best.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs