cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling on Samsung A71

RichardRodgers
On our wavelength

Hi,

I know that there was a thread about this last year, but can't find anything more recent so thought I would see if there is more info out there.

Had my Samsung A71 last June and I have read that only a purple sim will work. The sim card that I have has a white background with a purple section that contains the red Virgin logo. I have looked at the device list (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling) which states that the A71 is compatible with WiFi calling. The phone is currently on Android 11.

I see no options to turn WiFi calling on, and I do not get the WiFi Call icon to show that it is working. Does this mean that I need a replacement (different) sim card to get it to work or is it that it will not work and the Virgin device list is totally wrong.

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well Virgin's list of supported devices seems to be out of date, but I don't see your phone listed.

Samsung Android 11 requires WiFi Calling turning on in 2 places. 1. In the pull down menus (the round buttons) 2. In the dialer itself.

If neither of them work then I suspect it's not been a enabled for your phone.

You have the correct SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well Virgin's list of supported devices seems to be out of date, but I don't see your phone listed.

Samsung Android 11 requires WiFi Calling turning on in 2 places. 1. In the pull down menus (the round buttons) 2. In the dialer itself.

If neither of them work then I suspect it's not been a enabled for your phone.

You have the correct SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi enlli,

Thanks for the reply. The phone is in the list, but I think that you have solved the issue anyway.

I knew about the dialer on/off setting as I had found that elsewhere, but never knew about the top menu button. Since turning that one on all is good.

Many thanks for your help.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Catches a few out

Glad it's working 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RichardRodgers

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting tis on here. 

Sorry to hear you were having some issues, but just want to confirm, is this all sorted now? 

If so, fab! But if not please do let me know and I am more than happy to help you. 

Thanks 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide