cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not working

bettlebonnet
Joining in

Recently moved to Virgin Mobile from Vodafone. Need wifi calling as coverage is poor where I live.  Worked fine with Vodafone for several years on the phone I use and checked Virgin offered it - which they say they do.  But it doesn't work.

I have an iPhone 6s and have enabled Wi-FI Calling through the settings but it does not appear to be working. iOS is updated to 15.5. I've tried restarting and and resetting the phone but hasn't made any difference.

Is there something at Virgin's end that needs to be enabled?

I have transferred 4 phones - so really hope this isn't going to be a problem on all of them.

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes. Wifi calling is not on by default with new accounts and needs turning on their end. After that you can control it from the phone.

BTW new accounts will run on O2 and not Vodafone which is being phased out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the fast reply. Any idea how to get them to turn it on? Virgin help pages seems to omit any way of contacting a person.
Many thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even if you get through to customer services on 789 I doubt they will know what to do.

Hopefully, it will get picked up here by the team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey bettlebonnet, 

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your Wi Fi Calling.
I can look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello bettlebonnet, 

Thanks for replying. 

Wifi calling is available for any Sim. 

It is more dependant on the actual handset if the option is available. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Gareth_L

Wifi calling now working.   I wonder why Virgin ship SIM with this disabled - seems a pretty crazy thing to do....

Thanks for offering to help

Hi @bettlebonnet,

Thank you for the update. I do apologise for the inconvenience you've faced with all of this, but I'm glad to hear it's now been resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

samiam1992
Joining in

Hi

I’m having the same issue. I’ve recently moved to virgin mobile but I can’t get wifi calling to work. I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Would anyone be able to help? 

thank you 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @samiam1992,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your WiFi Calling at the moment!

I'll be more than happy to look into this issue further for you and see what we can do to help. 🙂

I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs