Joining in

Phone - iPhone se 2020

wifi calling not working

trouble shooting: tried WiFi calling link set up

reset network settings

switched off phone

forced network change and then back to virgin

manually checked apn settings

phoned virgin media who told me WiFi calling only works with no signal and not one bar and fluctuating poor signal… come on!

was also told to go into no signal and see if call kept connected… it did not and they did not call back

During the call advisor admitted to googling for an answer! I feel the 14 day satisfaction will need to be used but as a last try…. Come on please check my account to make sure it is set up correctly 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simple answer is Virgin are sending out new SIM cards with WiFi Calling turned off their end.

One of the team here should be able to assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simple answer is Virgin are sending out new SIM cards with WiFi Calling turned off their end.

One of the team here should be able to assist.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Maybe something frontline support should be aware of… when I mentioned this I was told that was not the issue as it was not. Virgin device!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no Front line Support, just let's make it up as we go along support then close the call and mark it successful to meet their quota.

Now declared worse customer services 4 quarters running.

So why should I join then?

Should I run now whilst I still have the 14 day cool off?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can't answer that. Virgin is fine if you don't need to ring customer services. The team here is more clued up, as are many of them on social media.

Mentioned this verbatim on WhatsApp chat and by magic it was enabled on the account. 

Hi @Newbuilder,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to use wifi calling on your sim. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. 

I have had a look at our systems and I can see you have been in contact with our team recently. I can also see that our team made recent changes. Please let me know if the issue persists after the given time and I will do my best to help from here.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs