cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not getting incoming calls

Tenspeed
Tuning in

I've noticed recently that many people calling me on my Samsung S10 don't even get a ringing tone or get through to voicemail, it just hangs up immediately. It happens about 3 times out of 4 incoming calls.  It only happens when I have WiFi Calling turned on and WiFi connected.  It doesn't seem as bad if the incoming call is from another Virgin mobile. I've spent 6 hours communicating with Virgin tech help and even tried changing the sim but still as bad as ever.  I have caring responsibility and need reliable incoming calls. HELP! 

65 REPLIES 65

Hi, the people contacting me are on different networks.

It happens at anytime and in all locations.

Thanks

Exact same here. Either the call will simply not connect or when it does its one way audio and the caller is unable to hear me. Disabling WiFi calling seems to have helped.

Are you able to try the same Bains4343 and let us know if this helps?

Rob

The person who had the most problems calling me was on another network - 3?

The problem with this is often I just wouldn't know that someone couldn't get through to me.  I probably lost friends and party invitations without knowing it!

Of couse disabling wifi calling helps -- all the problems we are discussing disappear if one turns off wifi calling! But if one is in a poor phone signal area then you just don't get a signal at all. I can only get a signal in some rooms in my house which is very frustrating.

Yes its the same. Anytime, any location and people on different networks

Same as other posts. Disabling Wi-Fi calling solves the calling issues.

Also as stated I live in a poor reception area hence the need for Wi-Fi calling.

Even more frustrating is other networks work perfectly on the same wireless network using Wi-Fi calling.

All I would like to know and I am sure others too is will there be a permanent resolution by Virgin Mobile?
If yes a timescale would be greatly appreciated.
If no, I will contact customer services and state the service is not fit for purpose and evaluate my options.

Thank you.

My wife is also on Virgin and has a similar handset -- Samsung S10e -- mine is an S10.  She has been using Calling over Wifi for longer than me -- same house, same broadband -- and hasn't had any of these problems.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tenspeed,

Thanks for getting back to us. Would you be able to try using your SIM card in another phone at all (i.e. your wife's phone)? This will help us to identify if there is a problem with your SIM card that could be causing these issues.

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team

I would not be able to take over my wife's phone for a few hours to give it a thorough test -- she uses her phone a lot.  

I may have an old phone somewhere, like an S8.  Should wifi calling work on that?

Also, I have already spent about 10 hours on this, including many, many calls to your help line, being told by Virgin personnel on more than one occasion that it must be my fault as nobody else had this problem, reset the phone, got sent a new SIM, etc.  I don't really feel like spending more hours on it, and it has been going on for many months now.  Unless Virgin start to pay me as a phone troubleshooter?  And that's before I start thinking about all the important calls I missed because of this fault.

sorry to sound so grumpy.  Have you made any progress at all so far in working out what's causing this fault?  If you thought that you had found a solution I might be more optimistic; I've just stopped using WiFi calling.