cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not getting incoming calls

Tenspeed
Tuning in

I've noticed recently that many people calling me on my Samsung S10 don't even get a ringing tone or get through to voicemail, it just hangs up immediately. It happens about 3 times out of 4 incoming calls.  It only happens when I have WiFi Calling turned on and WiFi connected.  It doesn't seem as bad if the incoming call is from another Virgin mobile. I've spent 6 hours communicating with Virgin tech help and even tried changing the sim but still as bad as ever.  I have caring responsibility and need reliable incoming calls. HELP! 

65 REPLIES 65

Hi @Bains4343

I'm so sorry to see you and others are seeing this issue but thank you so much for posting to our forums. 

We are aware of this issue and we are doing all we can to rectify this issue. We do not currently have an estimated fix time but I will endeavour to update as soon as I have more information. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks Ash.

It seems to work well on my wife's Samsung S10e but poorly on my own Samsung S10.  Any idea why that might be?

It would be useful if you could tell us more about what you know, rather than just saying you are aware of a problem.

Best,

Brendan.

Hi @Tenspeed

Unfortunately I have provided all the information I have available, our technical team are currently working on the issue and I will update as soon as I can. I'm very sorry for the frustration caused. 

Thank you Ash, I appreciate the update.

I am happy Virgin are aware of the issue and look forward to an update/resolution hopefully very soon.

Regards

Narinder

Having the exact same problem.

Awaiting an update on here.

I've noticed the problem is worse if the called is from an office/doctors etc.  Somewhere that has multiple lines over a switchboard basically.

I'm on a Samsung Note 9.

It's causing me major headaches.

Thanks

Hi there @PabloDiscoBar,

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some WiFi calling issues.

Can you tell us if you're experiencing this issue on your Home Network when on a secure connection, or when you're at a location with weak WiFi security?

I would advise taking a look at our WiFi Calling Page and read up on useful information there.

From this page, we are able to see that your Phone model is supported for WiFi Calling, but please ensure that you're on the latest software update, as this can sometimes cause issues with WiFi Calling.

You can also take a look at your WiFi connection range and strength in your home by downloading our Connect App

This might help determine if your WiFi calling is affected in any of the areas where the connection does not quite reach.

We are still taking a look into the bigger WiFi Calling issue and I will post an update on this thread when an update is provided. Apologies that this may be causing some inconveniences.

Please keep us updated on this issue and we'll be able to take it from there.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Many thanks for your reply,

I am experiencing this issue on my Home Network when on a secure connection.

I have yet to try away from the home.

Best Regards

Pablo

Paulina,

The time I most noticed this problem was when at home with a strong signal, a Samsung S10 phone and the latest software updates.

I haven't tried it for a few months since I first started this thread.

At least VIRGIN is now admitting that there is a problem.  I wasted hours and hours before being told that it must be my phone, my SIM, there were no known problems with this technology, it must be the fault of the caller, etc etc.  So I'm a bit reticent to try all those things again unless you can reassure me that the service has improved in the last few months (although, from the other posts, it's not perfect yet, clearly).

What do you advise?

Hi Paulina

I can confirm this happens on all WiFi networks.

Other networks using the same handset a Samsung S20 do not have an issue on the same WiFi network.

What would be very beneficial to all users if you can indicate when a potential fix will take place.

If it is not imminent I feel my virgin mobile service is simply not fit for purpose.

Thank you

Hi Bains4343  please can you clarify if your issues exist on all WiFi networks?  As your last post is a tad confusing.

Regards

Lee_R