cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling comes and goes

Newbuilder
Joining in

Now tell me to patient but I got WiFi calling enabled today and told it takes 24 hours. It keeps jumping on and off all day. WiFi call to no service. 

is this part of the setting up or is this what I am in for?

the WiFi in the house is great with plenty ceiling access points and 20-35Mbps of speed on ye old internet.

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure what sort of WiFi Calling Virgin uses, network preferd or WiFi preferd.

In the former it will only kick in if the phone signal degrades, in the latter it is on all the time there is a WiFi signal.

If your phone allows you can check by putting it into aeroplane mode. Once done just turn on the WiFi. WiFi Calling should kick in after a short delay and stay connected.

24 hours is a red herring 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Would be worthy of others trying but switching on airplane mode does not bring WiFi calling on. 

however the wificalling threshold seems to be way off and the delay to WiFi calling is leaving me on no service quite a bit

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think the thing I would do is check it on a different WiFi to rule out some weird compatibility issue.

Not as daft as it seems. My S20+ runs dual SIM on Vodafone and O2. Vodafone works fine but I found O2 was not kicking in. After some messing I found that it would not work on the 5G band but was fine on 2.5GHz

Admittedly my Hub 5 is renowned for compatibility issues with Samsung and that is what put me on to it.

Works great on my daughters SKY router at 5GHz.

That's why it is good to check as it takes one item out of the equation 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Good Morning @Newbuilder, and thanks for your post on our Community Forums

Do please update us on the status of the Wi-Fi calling services, once the 24 hour period has elapsed.

Great advice from @enlli - if an alternative Wi-Fi connection can also be tested, that may shed some light on the level of service you're receiving on the Wi-Fi calling facility.

If you can also advise us what handset you're using too, that'd be welcome.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am just going to terminate under 14 day as the support is diabolical. I mean the advisor using Google to solve a problem, no visual voicemail, information on website out of date on opening hours of support. Says 10pm and then you go through the process to be told it is 9pm. WiFi calling not been wet as standard and having to inform support how to sort their own problem.

not what a customer should need to do

Sorry to hear you feel this way @Nwbuilder, and that you're now seeking to cancel the services on for the mobile phone.

Please give our team a call on 0345 600 0789 or 789 and our team will do all they can to have this sorted for you in a timely manner

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want Visual Voicemail check with Apple. Not all UK Networks provide it.