cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling doesn't work

Jim77
Tuning in

I live in area where mobile service, including Virgin is virtually non existent and WiFi Calling seemed a great idea when it was suggested to us.  My partner (iphone 11) and myself (iphone 6s) turned it on on our phones and enabled it.  For both of us the service has proved to be a big disappointment as it really doesn't work.  On occasion each of can make a call on it, rarely, the call lasts for no more than 5 minutes and cuts out.   As far as texts are concerned, forget, it never sends or receives.   This is particularly aggravating as every where you turn there is a requirement to two step verification where you receive the 6 digit code.  In my case that means going up the road in search of a signal and rushing back to input it. Try that when it's raining,   Of course that is a bit fruitless anyway as the websites you have a 5 minute input limit.  Help!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jim77,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with WiFi calling at the moment.

Have you recently ported your number(s) over to Virgin Media?

Regards,

Steven_L

No, I have been a Virgin customer since the start of Virgin mobile.   My partner is as well and her iphone was acquired as part of her Virgin contract and she has exactly the same problem with Wifi calling and texting.  

Thanks for coming back to us @Jim77, can you possibly advise us how long the signal issues have been effecting you and your Wife's services? 

Have you recently moved to this area? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn