cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling not working.

Buttshill
Joining in

Hi my Google pixel 6 won't work on VM for WiFi calling. I called customer service and she checked and said everything should work, but it doesn't. Is there something someone can check.

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Buttshill 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please do make your own thread in future though 🙂 we've moved it for you this time.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with WiFi-Calling. 

We've checked and you have been advised correctly.

The device isn't listed here so I think that would be the issue I'm afraid.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Buttshill 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please do make your own thread in future though 🙂 we've moved it for you this time.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with WiFi-Calling. 

We've checked and you have been advised correctly.

The device isn't listed here so I think that would be the issue I'm afraid.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, thanks for that. Hopefully this will change when I get moved to O2.

Is this the dual SIM model?

Are you using two SIMs in the device?

Hi @Buttshill thanks for getting back to us.

Just to support my colleague's advice, are there any handsets that feature on the list my colleague, provided that do support WiFi calling? If possible to test, this may rule out it being an issue on our side, etc.  Also, do you know if you can make calls via the regular 3rd party apps?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi yes, I am using a VM esim and a 1p(EE) as a backup due to poor coverage of the VM.

Hi the phone can make WiFi calls when connected to aVM broadband WiFi. The phone makes WiFi calls on the EE SIM. If there is a small signal I see "Virgin WiFi calling" in the status area. But when lost mobile signal I am told to connect to a WiFi are find signal.

Sorry can you clarify this further?  Do you mean you cannot make WiFi related calls when there's no mobile signal whatsoever?  Is this also the same were you to use a 3rd party app?

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

If I have no VM signal then no calls with or without WiFi. Even though WiFi calling is used when I have VM signal.

My EE sim makes calls via wifi if no EE signal.

Hi Buttshill,

Thanks for coming back to us, I can see our colleague John directed you to this link 👉 WIFI Calling - And advised your device is not listed there. 

Has anything changed since that message? If not, the outcome would still be the same for this WIFI Calling issue I'm afraid. 

Thanks,

Megan_L