cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling not working.

Soda-Bread
On our wavelength

Would anyone be able to help as to why wi-fi calling doesn't seem to work on my Galaxy S22 ?

I have enabled the setting,via phone dialpad, settings, call setting, wif-fi calling.

But no symbol appears on the top of the screen.

I tried also via the quick shortcuts button,

I dont seem to get the notification pop up message,( your location-related information can be sent to google and your network operator in order to establish wi-fi calls) or the setting regarding if (wi-fi preferred or mobile preferred) when I enable my setting. that i've seen when I looked at YouTube on how to enable wi-fi calling. 

I have restarted the phone, and updated the software.

I tried putting my phone into flightmode and then just enabling the wifi.

The  phone was bought direct from Samsung.

Any ideas anyone ?

49 REPLIES 49

Hi

I someone able to PM me to turn this on too please?

Thank you!

Virgin media customer for tv phone and fibre, 02 pay monthly sim and Wi-Fi calling not available even though latest iOS and Wi-Fi calling turned on. No Wi-Fi calling at home or anywhere. How do I get this working?

Chumungi
Joining in

Hello,

Wi-Fi calling is no longer working since I switched to Virgin Mobile. It was working previously when I was on a different network.

I’m using an iPhone 13 mini.

Appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi Chumungi,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI calling looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have a few questions for you in order to understand the issue a little more - 

• Are you able to start WIFI calling, but the calls drop midway through? 
  • Or is it a case that WIFI calling is not accessible via your handset at all? 
  • Are you a Virgin Media customer for your broadband? 
  • Does this issue happen everywhere, or only in certain places?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan_L,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply.

I actually contacted the text messaging service and got the issue resolved. It seems the WiFi calling option was inactive on my account and it’s all working fine now that they’ve activated it.

Thanks again.

Hi @Chumungi thanks for your reply - no problem at all.

That's great news! Thanks for taking the time to let us know and don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, can someone please PM me to get this activated also - I hardly get any reception in my house now since Virgin has moved to O2 so wifi calling would help matters loads!

thanks!

Hi @neilshannon27 thanks for your PM - sorry to hear this and no problem at all.

Please expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

nifty1a
Tuning in

Can you do the necessary to enable Wifi calling for my phone as well please?

Hi @nifty1a

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community - please do start your own thread in future 🙂

I'll be more than happy to check if it's not enabled and enable it if needed - I'll send you a PM now.

best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill