cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling not working.

Soda-Bread
On our wavelength

Would anyone be able to help as to why wi-fi calling doesn't seem to work on my Galaxy S22 ?

I have enabled the setting,via phone dialpad, settings, call setting, wif-fi calling.

But no symbol appears on the top of the screen.

I tried also via the quick shortcuts button,

I dont seem to get the notification pop up message,( your location-related information can be sent to google and your network operator in order to establish wi-fi calls) or the setting regarding if (wi-fi preferred or mobile preferred) when I enable my setting. that i've seen when I looked at YouTube on how to enable wi-fi calling. 

I have restarted the phone, and updated the software.

I tried putting my phone into flightmode and then just enabling the wifi.

The  phone was bought direct from Samsung.

Any ideas anyone ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Soda-Bread,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so promptly. As discussed, your Wi-Fi Calling service should be working within 24 hours.

If 24 hours have passed, please turn your handset off and leave it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on. This can help to push through any network requests that are stuck.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

49 REPLIES 49

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Might be worth getting Virgin to see if it is turned on their end.

It appears it's not always on by default

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Soda-Bread,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you seem to be facing some issues with using the Wi-Fi Calling service. So that we can take a closer look at what's going on for you, I'm going to send you a private message so we can take some details from you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Soda-Bread,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so promptly. As discussed, your Wi-Fi Calling service should be working within 24 hours.

If 24 hours have passed, please turn your handset off and leave it off for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on. This can help to push through any network requests that are stuck.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @Zach_R I'm having a similar problem with an s22 ultra bought direct from samsung. No matter what I try I can't get wifi calling working with Virgin: it's fine with vodafone, voxi and iD. Can you help? I really need it as I have almost no signal at my home.

Hi drhackney

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with the WiFi calling.

I shall PM you now as there's something we need to check

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m having the exact same issue. Have everything turned on but it still isn’t working. I live somewhere with very little signal so it’s incredibly frustrating! Would you be able to assist me?

Hi @Ruthrobinson

Good morning and thanks for posting on our community forum! A big warm welcome with this being the first post on our community forum.

I am going to drop you a private message so I can collect some more information and check further on this for you, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, i've just switched my wifes phone from O2 to VIrgin Mobile and the WIFI calling is now not working.

I had the same problem on my account so assume it just needs enabling,

Would someone be able to contact me to check the account 

thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Soda-Bread, 

Thank you for your post. 

Yeah, as you've mentioned - it will literally just need switching on from our end. I will pop you over a private message to help out. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.