cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi

Gandalf2
Up to speed

I have not been able to get Wi-Fi on my iPhone or iPad since 28th October. My husband however, can, on both his iPhone and MacBook Air. The Wi-Fi is patchy and drops out at intervals so I am wondering if this could be something to do with the router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for pointing this out @-tony-, my bad!

@Gandalf2, can you please advise me if the devices that can connect to Wi-Fi are in the same room as the devices you're having issues with? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

36 REPLIES 36

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you be a bit more specific what you mean by "I have not been able to get Wi-Fi on my iPhone or iPad" - are you saying that these devices are not finding any wireless networks if you search? That would be a device issue if so.

If you mean something else - can you explain?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The devices ask to join the network via the password which then says 'unable to join the network'. I have been on to Apple who have been through re-setting the network and have done a soft re-set which has lost some minor things on the phone, but I haven't done anything with the tablet yet. They say that the next procedure would wipe the phone so I want to be sure that it is a software issue before allowing that.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get the same problem on other routers/WiFi networks? If so, that would suggest an issue with the devices and not with your VM router

If you only encounter the problem with your VM homehub, then by definition it's a router problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post @Gandalf2,

Is it possible to perform a basic reboot on the hub and then forgetting the networks on both the iPhone and iPad to see if this allows you to connect to the services?

Do you have other pieces of equipment that can connect to Wi-Fi currently?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you so much for your help. My neighbour is only here part time but fortunately turned up today. I asked him for his password and both devices connected so, ergo, it's the router! We have re-booted it several times in the last few (6) days to no avail so it looks like we're going to have to run the gauntlet with Virgin.

Thanks for coming back to me @Gandalf2,

Is it possible to perform a pin hole reset on the router to see if this allows you to connection?

If you can also answer the question in my previous post, that would be handy - do you have any other devices that can currently connect to the Wi-Fi services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks for coming back to me @Gandalf2,

Is it possible to perform a pin hole reset on the router to see if this allows you to connection?

If you can also answer the question in my previous post, that would be handy - do you have any other devices that can currently connect to the Wi-Fi services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

hmmmm - i believe the answer is in the 1st post

I have not been able to get Wi-Fi on my iPhone or iPad since 28th October. My husband however, can, on both his iPhone and MacBook Air

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for pointing this out @-tony-, my bad!

@Gandalf2, can you please advise me if the devices that can connect to Wi-Fi are in the same room as the devices you're having issues with? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, yes all devices are in the same room.