cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling with a Samsung S8

AliCat68
Joining in

Hi - I phoned VM CS today and they say my phone (a Samsung Galaxy 😎  is compatible and they have just switched on Wi-Fi calling but i do not have the option to switch on / off coming upon any settings menus.

Can anyone advise in layman's terms what i need to do next or if if it not possible with the S8 and VM?

thanks

Ali 

x

24 REPLIES 24

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AliCat68

Thanks for your post 

Can you try this please 

From a Home screen, tap the Phone icon. (lower-left).
Tap the Menu icon. then tap Settings.
Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn on or off .

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. When i do that g do not get the prompt for wifi calling. It is not appearing on the options

Thanks for replying AliCat68

Do you have a bad signal at all as WIFI calling just improves the reception 

It may be that your handset is not compatible for WIFI calling 

I did a quick Google search and it came back with yes its available 

Where did you purchase the phone from?

Gareth_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just check there isn't another switch for WiFi Calling in the pull down settings menu. Some versions of Android have 2 switches. One there and one in the phone/ dialer  app

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There's no option on the pull down menu either. 

I have bad signal and that's why I want to use wifi calling. I bought the phone from Amazon new.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whatever they say I'm sure Virgin have never added the S8 to their limited list of supported phones.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We do support wifi calling however there does seem to be some confusion on the Samsung Forums with wifi calling on the S8. What is the Android version on your S8?

Cheers,

Corey C

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wifi calling does not work on the S8 - or put another way - it does nor work with a VM sim - lowest samsung it works with is the S9

Tony.
Sacked VIP