Menu
Abelatter1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why doesnt my transferred number show up on i message ? It only shows my original sim telephone number!

When i send an i message the sender number (me) only shows up the original virgin number not my transferred number which i brought from another network.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why doesnt my transferred number show up on i message ? It only shows my original sim telepho...

Hi Abelatter1, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am sorry you're having problems with your number. Have you managed to get this resolved since your post?

If not can you please on your handset go to Settings>Phone>My Number, there you should be able to view your number if it's not showing the correct one you can update it. 

Please let us know how you get on, 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
Abelatter1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why doesnt my transferred number show up on i message ? It only shows my original sim telepho...

Hi thanks for replying! 

I went into the phone settings and yes it was showing the telephone number that Virgin provided

I have now changed this but for some reason when my son sends a text now it comes up as facetime name.

Rather than the programmed name in my contacts.

@Hetty_R wrote:

Hi Abelatter1, 

I am sorry you're having problems with your number. Have you managed to get this resolved since your post?

If not can you please on your handset go to Settings>Phone>My Number, there you should be able to view your number if it's not showing the correct one you can update it. 

Thanks, 

@Hetty_R wrote:

Hi Abelatter1, 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abelatter1,

Have you been able to see if starting a new messaging conversation results in the same issue? Are the messages SMS messages or iMessages?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you need to reset imessage it's a common problem the internet has had info about for years. It's just a stupid apple thing - like Apple -
0 Kudos