cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I use national lottery?

garethsnaim
Tuning in

Hi, I was sold a virgin sim, seems a good deal. However I cannot access either national lottery app or use the website when on cellular. Works fine on wifi.

Why can I not access national lottery? I do not have parental controls on and they have never been on. Same issue on a note 9 and iphone X with the same sim. iPhone with a giffgaff sim has no trouble access national lottery.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Garit and Brewin, 

Thanks for your posts and welcome to our community. 

Can you confirm if you have both removed content control from your online account? 

This would stop you accessing any restricted sites when using mobile data. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

I have the same problem and it only happens when I'm away from home ie using my 3G/4G OR using my tablet with my phone as a hotspot. What is going on with this I have never had parental control on my phone or any restrictions and it use to work and then suddenly stopped about 8 months ago? It is so annoying!!!!

Also, my daughter is on Virgin and hers works fine

@helenjaneterry 

Have a try at this  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Lottery-and-Coral-Website/m-p/4093436/highlight/t...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Hi,

I m having the same issue as others where on the Virgin Media network I cannot get on the National Lottery website.

The issue is with Virgin Media network ( or EE). You guys need to work it out and fix it. It used to work but the Site and the App isnt working anymore.

I can access to the Lottery site and the App using Virgin Media broadband at home, wifi at work, and other places.

I can access the site and use app on a different network (vodafone) on the same phone.

My phone or the Parental Control isnt the issue.

Please find the fault and fix it!

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi anokhamrp,

I'm sorry that you've also been experiencing trouble accessing National Lottery services.

We have completed several investigations into this following customer reports, and can confirm that we've been unable to identify anything on our network which could be causing this. As long as Content Control is switched off, you should have no problem using the site or app.

As you're still reporting issues, could you please let me know what happens when you try to access either of these? Do you get an error message or see a particular screen? You're welcome to provide a screenshot if that's easiest.

Thanks,

Rachael

Hi

The site did not loads it displayed the same message though the site does not exist.

I have just tried again right now and it is displaying the following message.

"Sorry, we can't take you to this website right now. To protect our under 18 users, this content has been restricted. To verify your age see below:" 

Then all I have is "virginmobile.com/your account"

I visited the place and all I see is normal account details.

So what do I do???

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi anokhamrp,

Thank you for getting back to me with this information. It certainly sounds like our Parental Controls are what's causing your issues accessing these services.

If you're logged into your MyVirginMobile online account, you should be able to amend these settings yourself. Please head to Plan and device > Manage services > Parental controls > Switch to OFF. You won't be able to do this via the app, so you'll need to make sure you're on the actual site, although both main and mobile versions have the feature.

Please give this a go and let us know whether it helps.

Thanks,

Rachael

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For any changes on the account setting to work you will also have to reboot your phone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

anokhamrp
On our wavelength

This has worked. It has now been sorted. I can access both (app and the site) from my phone on the Virgin Mobile network.

Thank you so much for your help on this.