cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I use national lottery?

garethsnaim
Tuning in

Hi, I was sold a virgin sim, seems a good deal. However I cannot access either national lottery app or use the website when on cellular. Works fine on wifi.

Why can I not access national lottery? I do not have parental controls on and they have never been on. Same issue on a note 9 and iphone X with the same sim. iPhone with a giffgaff sim has no trouble access national lottery.

20 REPLIES 20

Sololobo
Superstar

Have you changed the parental controls for your mobile?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/parental-controls-for-mobile

Quote: 

At Virgin Mobile we're dedicated to looking after our customers in a socially responsible way.

So, to help us protect customers who are under 18, we allow parents to restrict access to sites containing adult material such as gambling sites.

Follow the instructions from the above link to change them and see if you can get access .

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

As already stated parental controls are not on.

If you very recently switched off parental controls a restart of the phone will fix it. Ignore this answer if that's already done

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Garethsnaim, 

Sorry you're having issues with the National Lottery site via Data. 

Is it just this site or is it others with a similar age restriction? 

Has it been sorted since your post?

If not then how did you switch the content control off? 

Let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

As I have said a couple of times, content control is not on, it was never on and its never been on from the day I got the sim and set up my account, parent controls have never been on.

Furthermore if virgin has intervened on a site surely a page would come up saying sorry not allowed or what ever all I get is null errors etc.

Simply put it does not work, I do not use any other sites with restrictions.

Please fix it.

What handset are you using?

^Martin

I have been having the same issue over the last couple of days where I CANNOT  log onto the national lottery site and keep getting the same reply which is (this site cannot be reached) check router or switch device off and restart, which I have done a number of times to no avail. I have loged onto other sites without any problems.

Im having same issues. Did you ever sort it out

No, it only happens when I'm away from home ie using my 4G OR using my tablet with my phone as hotspot.

It appears virgin is not interested