Menu
lesallen45
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why am I receiving texts whn my phone is off?.

I am overseas & receiving texts when my phone is not live & is switched off. Why would this be? It's going off in early morning hours with texts that I do not even want from people like "Boots Chemists"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I receiving texts whn my phone is off?.

Hi there lesallen45, thanks for your post.

Just to confirm did you not opt for roaming to be set up?

Does switching the phone onto flight mode help?

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
lesallen45
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Nathan,

Roaming of off because I had a problem previously with that. I will try the airplane mode.

0 Kudos
Jbp9586
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You aren't charged when you receive text messages abroad so no need to worry with that. If I was you I'd turn flight mode on and enjoy the rest of my holiday. Receiving calls and making calls obviously there's charges for. What phone do you have? Androids flight  mode is on the pull down menu from the top & believe Apple's is the same too if not pull up from the bottom. Haven't used an iphone for 6 years so could be mistaken 

Hope this helps a little 

@lesallen45 wrote:

I am overseas & receiving texts when my phone is not live & is switched off. Why would this be? It's going off in early morning hours with texts that I do not even want from people like "Boots Chemists"

@lesallen45 wrote:

0 Kudos
lesallen45
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Roaming was switched off after my last problem...I do not use my phone outside of the UK. I am returning on April 8th to UK so I will be topping up the day before otherwise my last top up was in late September but I left UK October 28th & it has not been topped up since. I feel that these texts should be refunded.

Voice mail is off & call barring is on. This is all to try to avoid these problems perhaps check out my lasdt complaint a few years ago.

0 Kudos