cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which networks can i use in India, with a uk virgin media sim card?

S_a_n_j
Tuning in

I'm struggling to get any messages through my virgin mobile sim. I've set up international roaming etc with the virgin toolkit app  and its been set to enable roaming before I left UK for India. However, it seems I only get a connection randomly depending on location. I'm desperately needing to get access to my online banking,  but i can't because the otp for authentication, is sent via text which I can't receive.

What networks in India  will the virgin sim work with?

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @S_a_n_j,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some issues using your mobile services whilst travelling in India. Is this issue ongoing today? If it is, would you mind confirming what model of handset you're using?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, it's a Samsung s21 5g, and yes, still got the problem. I need access to my uk banks OTP requests, as I'm àbroad and can't access any of my banking accounts. 

Thanks

- Sanj

Hi @S_a_n_j,

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried changing the network manually in the handset settings and selecting each one to see if one performs better in your current area?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, yes it doesn't connect to any of the ones local. Hence the original query on what networks that the sim should work on.

Thanks 

- Sanj

Hi Sanj, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We don't have a list of the names of the networks that we can give I'm afraid. You would need to try each one in turn and see which one works best. 

It's also worth noting that whilst we do have agreements in place, we don't own any of the masts and therefore there are times you may be unable to get a signal or a connection. It may be that the area you are in, has no network that we have an agreement in. 

As you've tried the toolkit, all we can advise now is to keep trying the networks that are available to you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F,  at least it got to a dead end quickly. 👍

thanks for trying

-Sanj

Hi Sanj, 

Apologies that we were unable to help further on this occasion. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok, managed to sort it. 

Network that I got it to connect to was IND Air. I managed to do it by switching the network to use 2g/3g. Switching the phone off and on, and then manualy selecting the network. 

I did a lot if playing around before this, including manually setting the virgin sim tools app, to use roaming->select mode->manual->international.

Maybe, it'll help someone.

Great to hear you've been able to get it sorted S_a_n_j,

Thanks for letting us know.

Alex_Rm