cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which network is Virgin Mobile using? O2 or Vodafone?

nick_london
Fibre optic

Which network is Virgin Mobile currently using? Vodafone or O2? It seems a little difficult to get an accurate answer.

I know Virgin Mobile switched to Vodafone not long ago but I am seeing that it may have switched to O2 even more recently. When I go to Network Selection It shows Vodafone,EE,Three,23492 and Virgin Mobile. So as O2 isn’t listed here and displays Virgin I’m correct in saying this means it’s now using O2?

O2’s coverage is patchy at work, I was expecting Vodafone’s coverage but I guess I will just have to deal with it, it could be worse! 

but it would help consumers make an informed decision by finding out who provides the network coverage before buying and finding this information isn’t easy when it comes to Virgin Mobile especially with all the changes to the company moving from EE to Vodafone and then merging with O2.

thanks in advance for any useful information.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nick_london wrote:

So as O2 isn’t listed here and displays Virgin I’m correct in saying this means it’s now using O2?

You assume correctly. Virgin Media now has a 50/50 UK joint venture with O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @nick_london, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to hear there is some confusion over which network you're operating on.

Virgin Mobile has migrated it's customers over from Vodafone to O2, as per the help via this link, to check out the O2 coverage status in your local area.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thankyou

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nick_london,

No worries at all. Please do let us know if you need anything else, or create a new post and one of our team/community will be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ