Menu
Mondo999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Which network in France on roaming?

Heading to France next week - out into the sticks. The only network with even half decent coverage where we're going is Orange. But I can't find out which network(s) my Virgin Mobile SIM will default to over there. Will it latch onto Orange automatically? Is it limited to one French network (which would make things tricky!)? If my Virgin Mobile won't connect to Orange, I'll consider getting a burner SIM on Orange while we're there. Any recent experiences or VM expertise gratefully received!

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which network in France on roaming?

The networks that should work for vm phones in france are bouygues and sfr. I remember talking to someone else a few months back that said that only orange had a good signal where they were.

Mondo999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response. Just to be clear: your correspondent could only get an Orange signal and VM wouldn't connect...

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I'll try and find the thread

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was this 61 post saga. Upshot is off you have the new purple sim issued since December 2017, it won't connect to orange F. Only sfr and bouygues. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Orange-F-in-France/td-p/3706056

0 Kudos