cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Network is VM using??

ls991
Tuning in

I have had conflicting information when contacting Virgin.  I have TV Phone and Broadband and thinking of using Virgin Mobile SIM only monthly bundle (as Asda now migrating to Vodaphone and it is proving to be shambolic on the admin / CS side ) BUT which network are Virgin using?  One rep told me they are migrating from EE to Vodaphone and one told me they are going FROM Vodaphone to EE .... and what is the mention I see of a migration to O2 I see on the internet ....HELP confused 🙄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Officially the move started mid April this year with completion no later than first quarter next year.

All new and replacement SIM cards are now going out on Vodafone, and there are plenty of reports on here of other being migrated even if they don't fall into those two categories.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are in the process of migration to Vodafone from EE. Most new customers will go on Vodafone straight away. For contractual reasons it will be like that for a while despite the recent merger of VM with O2.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The transition to Vodafone’s network is from the end of 2021 for a 5-year period, after which there will be another transition to O2's network.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Officially the move started mid April this year with completion no later than first quarter next year.

All new and replacement SIM cards are now going out on Vodafone, and there are plenty of reports on here of other being migrated even if they don't fall into those two categories.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Is991

Thank you for your post regarding the Network that we use.

Just to confirm, we are in the process of migration from EE to Vodafone.

If you have any further questions please let me know 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena