cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to activate SIM

keypads
Joining in

Hi

I ordered the Virgin Oomph package 2 weeks ago and broadband is due to be installed on 8 March.  The package includes a Virgin sim card, and this has been sent to me.  However my account doesn't start until the installation on 8 March.  In the meantime I can't seem to register a My Media account and I haven't got a Virgin phone to contact customer services.

I've no idea whether I should wait until 8 March to activate the Virgin sim, or activate it now.  If I do activate it now, I don't know what the cost will be.  If I don't activate it now, I don't know if the sim will run out of time due to no activation within 30 days.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keypads, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Oomph services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'm going to need to gather some specific information from you in order to help further, so I'll send you a PM now.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

I have the same problem. Installation date 12 Feb, but I have the SIM card already. Any advice appreciated.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keypads, 

Thanks for giving me that information in our PM, I have had a look at the SIM and can see it is now active on our side. 

So if you're ready, you can pop it in your phone today and start using the allowances 🙂

You won't be charged anything more for using it before your install date, the bill will come out as normal via your media services.

Please let me know if you run into any further issues once you pop it in your handset.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

I ordered the Virgin Oomph package 2 weeks ago and broadband is due to be installed on 8 March.  The package includes a Virgin sim card, and this has been sent to me.  However my account doesn't start until the installation on 8 March.  In the meantime I can't seem to register a My Media account and I haven't got a Virgin phone to contact customer services.

I am now in the same position as the OP.  I I ordered a Virgin package on 31st August and broadband is due to be installed on 14th September.  The package includes a Virgin sim card, and this arrived yesterday.  However my account doesn't start until the installation on 14th September.  In the meantime I can't seem to register on 'Your Mobile Account' and I haven't got a Virgin phone to contact customer services until 14th September.  Thank the lord for my decision to grab a MiFi from another provider on a monthly contract until all this is sorted.  I did give the PAC code when I signed up originally, then lost it in the house move and now cannot get another PAC (from my old provider) presumably because VM are doing something with porting my old number over to them or possibly because I cannot get another PAC until the present one runs out.

Help would be appreciated.

Any other advice/suggestions?