Menu
Msolo1964
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When someone phones me it just comes up as a number, no name even tho it is one of my favourites

When someone on my favourite list phones me it just comes up as the phone number not there name 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When someone phones me it just comes up as a number, no name even tho it is one of my favourites

Taking a guess you have a iPhone?.

If so, on your phone turn Dial Assist off, then goto > Settings > General > Language and Region and change my Region to Belgium and then back to UK.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When someone phones me it just comes up as a number, no name even tho it is one of my favourites

I wonder if the problem with iPhones is down to the new SIM Cards

Maybe the poor phone is getting confused as to whether the card is British or Belgian 😂

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

teabag
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if it has anything to do with the SIM's or not?, I have been advising changing to Belgium and back as I know it works - but maybe changing to any country and back may work.

On a Google search, it has been a long running problem worldwide for iPhone users since around 2017

IE:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7940503

These recent batches, seem to be timed with the release of iOS 13 update.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos