Menu
Highlighted
ffazafaza
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When can I use my upgraded phone

Upgraded my contract to a Huawei P30 Pro last Sat 6th July, and paid off my old handset at the same time.

All set up and contracts signed and returned.

Phone has been lost by couriers.

Advised Yodel & Virgin.

After over 1 week, I have now been told tonight by Virgin that even though they can now send me a replacement phone, I would not be able to use it until my refresh date which is 3rd August.

When I purchased the phone I was not advised of this, and I have never known of this with any other phone I have upgraded.

Can anyone please explain to me why this is the case?

If I knew this originally, I would not have paid the last few months of my phone contract off.

Thanks,

Farouk

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When can I use my upgraded phone

I can only see an issue if your sim is the wrong size

0 Kudos
ffazafaza
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The sim isn't the problem.

I've been told that because the lost phone was blocked, the contract I signed has to be cancelled and I have to start all over again.

That's fair enough.

The problem is I am being advised I cannot use my replacement phone (when they send it out), until my refresh date which is 3rd August!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ffazafaza, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the problems you've had with the delivery of your new phone. I appreciate it will be frustrating to wait even longer after what has already happened. 

I'm unsure what would prevent you from using the replacement phone until the 3rd of August though to be honest. I'd be interested to take a look and see if there's anything we can do to help.

Look out for a PM from me requesting some details, I'll look forward to your reply so we can clear things up.

Tom 

0 Kudos